Monday, February 1, 2010

Handy Organizing Tip

Today I decided to work on a few chokers, which at this point require a bit of high speed sewing. So, my sewing machine gets hauled out of it's box and I set about finding just the right thread color for my bobbin.

What do I find when I open my little bag of bobbins? A huge mess!

The free ends have, of course, had plenty of time to intermingle and now I'm being sidetracked by untangling instead of getting on with my project of choice. I decided to fix the issue and this is what I came up with. All you'll need is one of those misbehaving bobbins and a piece of tape.

I'm using scotch tape, but I'm sure any kind will do.

Cut off a piece of tape and the fold one end over (sticky side to sticky side).

Then take your wayward thread end, lay it on top of your bobbin and place the remaining sticky part of the tape over it. The folded part of the tape will now act as an pull tab for easy removal and best of all no more loose ends!

1 comment: